Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"weighing" in my options

Alrighty - so once it was clear to me - that I needed to make a change for my HEALTH. I knew it was important...but I wasnt fully sold on it. What else could convince me that I deserved to look great, feel great and be great? Here's what I came up with ::


  1. GOD. He gave me a healthy mind and body. I dont need to fill it with toxic food - which I dont even like to begin with. I dont need to drink - which was a good portion of the weight I gained, especially in my stomach and boobs. GOD needs to see me respect myself.
  2. MYSELF. I need my self esteem to match my personality and vice versa. 
  3. MY FUTURE. I cant continue to allow my body to slowly break down and become a risk factor when I am this young. In my future, I plan to be a wife, mom, and ALIVE. I cant do that if I allow myself to venture into being overweight/unhealthy. 
  4. MY LOVE LIFE.  At some point - my boyfriend could decide...HEY, this girl actually LOOKS good and takes care of her body. Men are men. Im not looking to be a dumb skinny bimbo -- but Id like to be brains, bod and beauty. ;-) I want to feel confident during sex. [READ MORE BLOGS]
  5. OPPORTUNITIES. This is an unsaid thing...but those who weigh more, lack advantages skinnier people do. I dont mean ALL overweight/obese people but the generality of them. For example - Ive worked within fitness centers for six years -- not being the skinny person there...is awkward. I feel as if I am a sore thumb. *I* remove myself from getting to know coworkers or going out with them because I feel like the bigger, ugly one. Which...honestly, I dont even think they feel. 
So...here it was...the opportunity to lose weight. God handed me my window of opportunity. It was time for the season of Lent. I decided to give up my "leave it for tomorrow" attitude and finally decided. TO MAKE THE CHANGE.

Keep Reading to Learn How!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!! The best thing to have is a positive attitude, and most times it takes hitting rock bottom to be able to stand up and be able to smile and say; "I can do it"!

    ReplyDelete