Day 5: Pool/Khana El Halili
I took the day with the girls and decided to just enjoy the pool and poolside food service. The guys went to the golf course. I decided to spend most of it tanning and just relaxing on my ipad. The girls asked me about my status with my ex. Still had nothing to report on. I brought up the issue with skyping my friend. They found it silly. His sister went up early to work on wedding items. His mom and I stayed down at the pool and just relaxed.
By mid afternoon, we headed up to get set for our night. She was going to be spending the evening with my ex's Dad. We were going to the Khana El Halili with his sister and her husband. We had a few stops to make first though. They had wedding errands to run -- including getting her bouquet. She was given a free rose. When we stopped by her church - my ex picked me a tiny flower and handed it to me. I kept it in my wallet - and its still there now.
While waiting for his sister and hubby to finish with their DJ at the church - my ex and I decided to talk a bit about us. It went semi okay. We just keep fighting this whole situation. We headed to check out the market. My ex wasnt feeling too hot though. I felt pretty bad. The area was mainly populated with Muslims. Which meant...the stares from the men were a bit more intense than the other places we had been. Mainly because the women were fully covered up. So to see my light hair, upper neck and calves - was probably a big deal. The women were not pleased - I got tons of dirty looks - but ignored most of them. My ex - however - could not. He was severly uncomfortable. He stuck close to me and kept pointing out how many people would point towards me [women, not men] and how many men were giving me the "I wanna f you" look. My ex was so upset, he actually got sick for the entire night.
Shopping was cool though - I was used to seeing haggling. Mainly with my mom in NY. My ex had not dealt with that often though. He wasnt a big fan - his sister wasnt either. We ended up dealing with a complicated guy but eventually got the gift he went there for. We decided to head out after awhile - my ex tried to convince me to buy a belly dancer outfit but I didnt think I brought enough money, but turns out I did [realized that days later when I finally understood the money conversion]. We headed out and decided to go to a cafe.
We got there and ordered fun milkshakes, teas and shisha. It was a super chill spot. I defintely would go there more often - if we were near here. It was cool because it was just a night for us kiddies to catch up and hang out. I was so tired though - too much sun. After awhile, my ex finally got very sick. He felt bad but it ended up being a great night. We tried a Twinkie and a Kit Kat milkshake -- this time we got Kiwi, Orange and Chocolate [?] tobacco.
I took the day with the girls and decided to just enjoy the pool and poolside food service. The guys went to the golf course. I decided to spend most of it tanning and just relaxing on my ipad. The girls asked me about my status with my ex. Still had nothing to report on. I brought up the issue with skyping my friend. They found it silly. His sister went up early to work on wedding items. His mom and I stayed down at the pool and just relaxed.
By mid afternoon, we headed up to get set for our night. She was going to be spending the evening with my ex's Dad. We were going to the Khana El Halili with his sister and her husband. We had a few stops to make first though. They had wedding errands to run -- including getting her bouquet. She was given a free rose. When we stopped by her church - my ex picked me a tiny flower and handed it to me. I kept it in my wallet - and its still there now.
While waiting for his sister and hubby to finish with their DJ at the church - my ex and I decided to talk a bit about us. It went semi okay. We just keep fighting this whole situation. We headed to check out the market. My ex wasnt feeling too hot though. I felt pretty bad. The area was mainly populated with Muslims. Which meant...the stares from the men were a bit more intense than the other places we had been. Mainly because the women were fully covered up. So to see my light hair, upper neck and calves - was probably a big deal. The women were not pleased - I got tons of dirty looks - but ignored most of them. My ex - however - could not. He was severly uncomfortable. He stuck close to me and kept pointing out how many people would point towards me [women, not men] and how many men were giving me the "I wanna f you" look. My ex was so upset, he actually got sick for the entire night.
Shopping was cool though - I was used to seeing haggling. Mainly with my mom in NY. My ex had not dealt with that often though. He wasnt a big fan - his sister wasnt either. We ended up dealing with a complicated guy but eventually got the gift he went there for. We decided to head out after awhile - my ex tried to convince me to buy a belly dancer outfit but I didnt think I brought enough money, but turns out I did [realized that days later when I finally understood the money conversion]. We headed out and decided to go to a cafe.
We got there and ordered fun milkshakes, teas and shisha. It was a super chill spot. I defintely would go there more often - if we were near here. It was cool because it was just a night for us kiddies to catch up and hang out. I was so tired though - too much sun. After awhile, my ex finally got very sick. He felt bad but it ended up being a great night. We tried a Twinkie and a Kit Kat milkshake -- this time we got Kiwi, Orange and Chocolate [?] tobacco.
No comments:
Post a Comment