Monday, June 18, 2012

I dont want to break your heart - want to give your heart a break

The other night - a girlfriend of mine was over my ex's place -- and her and I decided to get into a pretty heated discussion about dating, men and some issues that had been arising. None related to my ex. Regardless- he found it funny to try and listen in - and interject. I explained to him that it probably wasnt a good idea to listen in. He didnt care - he found it funny. We played around with him but were still deep in conversation.

In the midst of me explaining a situation - where I was telling a guy what I would do IF I had a boyfriend - and what behaviors would change [ie. hanging around and staying the night with jimmy EVERY night]. He snapped around so fast - he told us "to fucking knock that shit off". We both stopped and looked up at him. I asked him what the issue was - he goes, "I dont want to hear any talk about future boyfriends or how someone can become or what they need to do". I twisted my face - because that was NOT what the conversation was about - and I made sure he understood. He had just spent the past 20 minutes trying to nosey into a conversation - constantly asking who and what I was talking about.

I told him he shouldnt be assuming OR eavesdropping. He responded with - he doesnt want to hear that shit in his house - he told me, if it was reversed id be offended. I started laughing out loud - saying nothing but, okay...but in my head.... HA...

Oh fuck you. SERIOUSLY?! If this was REVERSED?!?! Oh...because nearly getting cheated on - if your business partner didnt end up dating the girl you THOUGHT liked you...isnt fucked up? 


Having to find out --- your late night "meetings" with Josh - were really you guys flirting with two lame-ass bartenders at Unos?


Realizing - you have an addiction to women but yet, and now that you are single, you do nothing about it????


Having you chase me around for three months - once im halfway out the door - you reassure me and beg me back in? You ask me to come out with friends constantly, always want to hang out, watch sports, go out to eat, cuddle etc?!


Having to hear all about your first month as a single guy, and every attempt you made to pick up various bartenders, or when you took shots with a girl the night your friends purposely ditched a group of us? Although...For some reason all attempts crashed and burned.


To see that you were sitting on singles websites and links nearly weeks after we broke up. To have you say - you dont even do that anymore.


For you to have me join you to Egypt - confessing your love for me, telling me how hard this is and wanting to be with me - thats not confusing or anything.


For you to make plans and trips for us....


For you to take to bed NO ONE but me...and yet, we are just "friends". 


To have you move into your own place...making sure it was clear that this was your place and not mine - but to only have you let me stay each night. To have you constantly make plans with couples we know - and YOU plan it out, YOU invite me. To have you tell your family and Grandma, "we moved" "we'll be there" "we we we we we we WE WE W-E!". To have you call or text me saying "our house" "our place" "OURS US WE"


YOURE RIGHT...if ONLY the tables were turned. 


You'd never survive. 






Needless to say - he was fuming for the remainder of the finals. Our girlfriend headed out - I turned around as soon as I closed the door and glared at him. Saying - how dare he throw something in my face that he didnt even HEAR! He said he didnt want to talk about it -- I didnt give a shit. I texted him a long thing explaining that - I have no forced need for us to be together, that this whole friends thing is easy until he starts pulling cards like "ive wanted to ask you out 18x".  I went to bed furious.

He stayed pretty flipping bitter...to the point of that evening - he almost totally kicked me off driving duty and staying over. I could feel it. He was blaming me for things that werent my fault - aka. losing all his identification. His business partner had called on Friday after work - AFTER, I had been driving him around -- and to hear him say, Oh chanel knows where it is. I almost stopped the car.

I glared at him til he hung up - he exclaimed to Josh that I had heard him. I looked at him and told him fuck you - fuck you for all this shit. Im busting my ASS to help, drive, be around and take care of what needs to be done. Im not sitting for this shit. He said his brain was doing it and he couldnt help it. I refused to speak to him for the next hour - which drove him nuts - he started apologizing and blubbering in Target. I just walked around by myself..I didnt feel the need to hear him.

By the time we met up - we made up. We watched tv and hung out for the night... and enjoyed everything else ;-)


If this isnt the craziest love story you all have ever read...then IDK what is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment